src="https://bitly.com/24workpng1" alt="Blogger Templates" border="0" style="position:absolute; top: 0px; right: 0px;" >

Friday, January 22, 2016

2nd Quarter Reflections

      This year was completely different from last year. We got a completely different schedule. Instead of nine, forty-five minute classes each day, we have four, eighty-eight minute classes each day, and we have an A Day, B Day schedule. It is already half way through the year (I can't believe it either), and I wanted to reflect on the Second Quarter. So, this is my reflection blog. 

      In what area do you think you made your biggest improvements in English Language Arts? 


      I think that this quarter I have improved with studying. Last quarter I wasn't really used to the new way that we were doing vocab tests, and had never used flashcards to study before, so I didn't know the best way to do it. But, this quarter, I think that I am much more used to flash cards, studying, and the way that we do vocab tests. 

What is something you have accomplished since the new year that you are proud of?

      Something that I accomplished that I am proud of is finally reading Anne Frank's Diary. I've always really wanted to read it because I seemed so interesting to me, and this quarter I finally did. It took me a while, but I got it done. She is a really good writer and it is horrible what happened to her. I would really recommend the book people. 


What has been the most challenging part of 2nd Quarter for you and what did/can you do to help overcome this?

      I think that the most challenging part of the second quarter has been time management. I have learned that I procrastinate A LOT. I get home and I go directly on my phone instead of doing homework. And I kind of wait until the last minute to get things done. Something that I have started doing to help with this is having a family member kind of take my phone hostage until I finished my homework.


Where are you in your 40 Book Challenge? 

      I am not very proud of where I am in my 40 book challenge. I have only read a few books this quarter. I read Anne Frank: Diary of A Young Girl, Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, and two other books that I can't really remember right now. I really need to do better next quarter so that I can get farther in the challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment