src="https://bitly.com/24workpng1" alt="Blogger Templates" border="0" style="position:absolute; top: 0px; right: 0px;" >

Thursday, March 3, 2016

"Why Your Dreams Are Gone" AOW Nonfiction Poem

"Why Your Dreams Are Gone"


I’m sorry.
I am the reason you can’t live your dream
I am the reason you can’t be a Marine.
“Let your smile change the world.
But never let the world change you,”
I like to say.
But that won’t help.
Now, it forces your dreams to decay


I’m sorry.
You know it’s not my fault.
I know that’s what you say
But now your dreams are starting to run away.


Chellie tried to complain,
but they just did nothing.
Even just responding,
would’ve meant something.


I’m sorry
I am with you from night until dawn.
But because of that uniform
Bam! Your dreams are gone.


You put on a smile
You put on a show
But, I’m the only one
Who knows.
You are not happy,
I know what you say,
but putting on a smile
will not drive anger and disappointment away.


Engraved on your skin,
I am with you forever.
Wherever you go,
But I did not  want this to happen
I just want you to know.

Poem Inspired by: "This Woman Might Not Get Into the Marines Because of a Discriminatory Tattoo Policy" by The Huffington Post

No comments:

Post a Comment