src="https://bitly.com/24workpng1" alt="Blogger Templates" border="0" style="position:absolute; top: 0px; right: 0px;" >

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Election Reflection

What are your thoughts of this election in general?

      I am very disappointed in the results of this 2016 election. If for some reason you did not know, Donald Trump won. I don't know how America could elect someone so racist, homophobic, and just all around, not a good person. Especially after all of the stories, tapes, and videos of him saying terrible things about people.

Image result for hillary vs trump
      During this election, I have heard many people say a lot of different things about Hillary. That she wasn't trustworthy, that she should go to jail, and that she was just not a good candidate for president. And to that I say: Yes. She is not the perfect candidate. But, Donald Trump is so much worse. I just want to say, would you rather have a president who made one bad choice in deleting emails (who by the way was cleared by the FBI), or someone who is constantly insulting women, people of color, disabled people, the LGBTQ community, the list goes on and on. At one point in the election, he said that he could shoot someone and he wouldn't lose any votes. I can't even begin to describe how I feel about America choosing him as president, when he is clearly not even close to being as qualified as Hillary. And I know that some people will disagree with my statements, but, that's my opinion. So, if your opinion differs from mine, that's fine. 

Would you like to be more involved in politics? If so, how?

I actually think that I am pretty involved in politics. For one thing, in OAV (Our American Voice), I, along with a couple other classmates, helped people register to vote. We, didn't get very many people, unfortunately, but most people that passed by the school and actually payed attention to us, had already registered, which was great. Another thing that I did, last weekend actually, was helping my mom go door to door (to registered Democrats) in Iowa, reminding people to vote. We got a clipboard of people who were registered as Democrats in a specific town/couple of blocks and we would go and knock on their door. Some of them weren't home, so they would get a "VOTE FOR HILLARY" sign on their door, but if they answered, we would remind them to vote, and to vote for Hillary. And although the entire state of Iowa went Republican, the county that we were in went Democrat. I am really disappointed though, because I don't feel like I made that much of a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment