src="https://bitly.com/24workpng1" alt="Blogger Templates" border="0" style="position:absolute; top: 0px; right: 0px;" >

Friday, October 28, 2016

1st Quarter Reflections

      I cannot believe that the first quarter is over already! It went by so fast. 

Where are you in your 20 Book Challenge?

So far this year, for the 20 book challenge, I have read 15 books. I have read Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling, Beastkeeper by Cat Hellisen, Counting but 7's by Holly Goldberg Solan, Paper Towns by John Green, Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain. I have also reread some of the Harry Potter Series, including Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I have also finished the Series of Unfortunate Events Series by Lemony Snicket. The Histile Hospital, The Carnivorous Carnival, The Slippery Slope, The Grim Grotto, The Penultimate Peril, and The End. I hope that I will continue to read more and finish the challenge, which I know that I will, considering that the challenge is only 20 books and I have three quarters left.

How has your writing progressed?

I think that my writing has come a long way since last year. Just this quarter, I have learned a lot about writing style, voice, formatting, grammar, etc. Looking back at my old blogs, I am noticing all of these little mistakes that I hadn't noticed before. 

What are your goals for ELA in the next three quarters?

My goals for the next three quarters are, for one, to get better ar vocab. Last year, I was great at vocab. I would study and I would usually do very well on the tests. But, this year, I am struggling. I usually forget to study and don't do as well as I would like to. So for the next three quarters, I really want to improve on that. Another goal for the next three quarters is to finish the 20 Book Challenge and hopefully get to 40. Last year, I got so close to finishing the 40 Book Challenge, I think that I read about 35 books. This year, my goal is to finally finish the 40 Book Challenge. 



No comments:

Post a Comment