src="https://bitly.com/24workpng1" alt="Blogger Templates" border="0" style="position:absolute; top: 0px; right: 0px;" >

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Tuesdays With Morrie - Final Project

Now that we have finished Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom, we are going to take one of Morrie's aphorisms and make a poster about it. The aphorism that I chose was "Love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone." (Pg. 133) I think that this aphorism means that even when a person is dead, love from other people is what keeps them "alive". If the person who loves them keeps thinking about them, and loving them, obviously they will not come back to life, but it keeps their memory alive. They aren't gone completely, even if they are dead.

A few years ago, my grandpa died, and last year, I was talking with my grandma, who said that she talks to my grandpa sometimes, which I think is what Morrie was saying. If the person who died is loved, and remembered, that person isn't gone completely. That is why I agree with this aphorism. It also reminds me of when Morrie told Mitch to visit his grave and talk to him. That would keep his memory alive. On page 170, Morrie says, "'Tell you what. After I'm dead, you talk. And I'll listen." Morrie wants Mitch to tell him his problems, which is "keeping him alive".


My Aphorism: Good doesn't have to be perfect.









No comments:

Post a Comment